HF Bentopaste Waterproofing Mastic
HF Bentopaste is a thixotropic trowel-grade, sodium bentonite/butyl-rubber based mastic designed for a variety of surface preparation and waterproof detailing work with select waterproofing membranes.
- Certification: CE 1922-CPR-1315, ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 14001: 2015
- Typical Use: Thixotropic paste for horizontal & vertical continuity bonding, angular cants & fillets for the HF CWR bentonite membrane system, pipe penetration closures, secondary sealing layers
HF Bentopaste Thixotropic Waterproofing Mastic
HF Bentopaste swells upon contact with water to seal against water intrusion. With the consistency of thick grease, HF Bentopaste is easy to apply and bonds to most substrate materials.
HF Bentopaste Waterproofing Mastic Applications
HF Bentopaste is a below-ground waterproofing accessory product designed for the following uses:
- Fillet material at horizontal and vertical inside corners
- Flashing material around drains, mechanical and electrical penetrations, curbs and parapets
- Sealing material at waterproofing terminations below-ground
- Repair material for small concrete substrate surface defects prior to waterproofing membrane installation
HF Bentopaste is formulated for use on structural concrete, masonry, and most metal surfaces.
Do not use HF Bentopaste on insulated foam concrete forming systems.
Use in applications with proper confinement only. Backfill soils should be compacted to an 85% Modified Proctor density. HF Bentopaste is not an expansion joint sealant.
HF Bentopaste is used primarily as a termination/continuity detailing compound for lapping HF CWR Membrane with brush-applied coatings (e.g. HF CWR waterproofing range), and laps with continuity waterproofing membranes, particularly at / just below.