Feb Febond SBR
Febond SBR is a styrene-butadiene co-polymer latex specifically designed for use with cementitious mixes and as a reliable water-resistant bonding agent.
Price Includes VAT
Feb Febond SBR
- Prevents bleeding
- Increases flexural and tensile strength
- Greatly reduced shrinkage
- Enhanced corrosion protection
- Similar thermal expansion and modulus properties to concrete
- Excellent adhesion to steel and concrete
- Ideal for concrete strengthening and repair, floor screeds and toppings, waterproofing and tanking
Available in 5 litre and 25-litre
Feb Febond SBR is a styrene-butadiene co-polymer latex specifically designed for use with cementitious mixes and as a reliable water-resistant bonding agent. It is used in mortar and concrete as an admixture to increase water and abrasion resistance and durability. Ideal for concrete repair.
How To Use Feb Febond SBR
- Surfaces should be clean, sound and free of deleterious substances.
- When repairing spalled or damaged concrete, ensure that the concrete has been cut back to thoroughly sound material
- Always lay to a minimum 6mm deep saw cut edge, depending upon the application. Avoid ‘feather edging’
- Wet down absorbent surfaces, such as concrete and brick, so that they are damp but surface dry when the bonding slurry is applied
- Prepare a bonding slurry of approximately 1.5 parts of OPC to 1 part of Feb Febond SBR by volume.
- Normally applied using a stiff brush, scrubbing well into the surface. Take care to ensure complete coverage.
- A typical single slurry coat has an average thickness of 0.3 to 0.5mm Avoid using any thicker than 0.5mm
- If a second coat is necessary it should be applied at right angles to the first
- Never apply more than can be comfortably over-screeded/rendered within 15 minutes.
- Mixing should preferably be carried out in a forced action mixer
- Hand batching is only permissible when the total weight of the mix is less than 25kg
- Charge the mixer with the required quantity of sand and cement and pre-mix for approximately one minute
- Pour the desired quantity of Feb Febond SBR and mix for about 30 seconds only, to minimise air entrainment
- Slowly add water, whilst still mixing, until the required consistency is obtained. (Stop the mixer when testing consistency).
- The total mixing time after adding the Feb Febond SBR should not exceed two minutes.
- Owing to the strong plasticising properties of Feb Febond SBR, rapid thinning can occur - avoid adding excessive water.
Correct curing of Feb Febond SBR modified mixes is important.
- Moisture cure for at least one day and then allow to dry out slowly.
- Initial curing is necessary to ensure hydration of the Portland Cement
- Allow the latex mortar to dry out to permit the latex particles to join together to form continuous films and strands
For more information please see the datasheet below