Manthorpe GL251 Drop Down Key Lockable Loft Door
The GL251 lockable drop down loft door is an innovative solution to the need for energy-efficient loft space access for use in shared accommodation, offering a cost-effective alternative to traditional means of access.
- Low profile design with sleek, contemporary styling
- The door and frame are fully draught sealed
- Seals are supported by multiple perimeter catches
- Lockable sliding door mechanism is operated from a single point
- Innovative hinge detail is hidden when the door is locked
- The design allows for the door to be fully removed in seconds
The unobtrusive design coupled with sleek, contemporary styling makes the door an ideal match for modern decors. It is supplied with a key lock for additional security.
The revolutionary design of the multi-point catch mechanism means that the GL251 door can maintain a more effective draught seal around the entire accessible opening, helping to meet the air leakage requirements of Part L of the Building Regulations and preventing the problem of moist warm air entering the roof space causing condensation and heat loss issues.
Available with a range of insulation options to suit all requirements of modern construction levels; from entry-level insulation, to the Robust Construction Detail U-Value of 0.35 W/m²K and even down to a U-Value of 0.15 W/m²K to help meet the higher levels of the Code for Sustainable Homes.