Sika Wintermix is air entraining chloride free liquid admixture for mortar and concrete which also acts as an accelerator for work in sub - zero temperatures. Improves workability and freeze/thaw resistance in brick laying mortars and eliminates the need for a separate frostproofer.
- Increased frost resistance during setting.
- Non - corrosive to embedded metal.
- Eases tamping down and alignment. Improves workability/trowelability even in cold weather.
- Provides resistance to freeze/thaw cycling down to - 8°C in both wet and dry mortar.
- Reduces bleeding/segregation. Replaces lime in mix, hence reduces possibility of lime bloom and efflorescence.
- Reduces shrinkage (cracking and crazing reduced).
- Faster finishing times even in cold weather.
Available in 5ltr
How to use Sika Wintermix
- All materials used must be free from ice and the temperature of the mix prior to placing not be less than 4°C.
- Concrete must be covered after placing until the minimum strength is obtained or until the temperature rises above freezing.
- Do not use weak mixes during cold weather.
- Work should be carried out in accordance with the methods outlined in the Code of Practice BS5628 Part 3 for protection and use of mortars at low temperatures and DOE Advisory Leaflet No. 8.
- In all cases, add to mix at an addition rate of 2.5 to 5 litres per 50kg cement depending on the degree of plasticising/acceleration required.
- Note: remember to reduce required quantity of water accordingly. Alternatively, add to mixing drum at same time as water.