Visqueen Radon R400 Membrane 20m x 4m
Visqueen Radon barrier membrane is manufactured from an enhanced blend of polymer films that is suitable for use in the protection of buildings from the ingress of radon gas and water vapour.
Price Includes VAT
Visqueen Radon Barrier Membrane R400
- BBA certified - third party accreditation
- Complies with BBA regulations for radon protection barrier membranes
- Strong and durable
- Conforms to BR 211:2015 - industry guidance for radon protection
- Also acts as a damp proof membrane
- Lap joints can be taped, or heat welded
Visqueen Radon barrier membrane is a 0.4mm thick co-polymer thermoplastic membrane. The product is red in colour and supplied 4m x 20m in a multi-folded roll.
Approvals of Visqueen Radon Barrier Membrane R400
- BBA 13/5069 - Third-party accreditation
- Conforms to BR 211:2015 radon protection requirements
- CE Mark EN 13967:2017
Visqueen Radon R400 Membrane is manufactured from an enhanced blend of polymer films that is suitable for use in the protection of buildings from the ingress of radon gas and vapour.
Visqueen Radon Membrane is also a gas, vapour and damp-proof membrane but is not intended for use where there is the risk of hydrostatic pressure.
Visqueen Radon Barrier Membrane and ancillary components must be used in accordance with the recommendations in the most recent edition of the Building Research Establishment Report BR 211:2015.
Radon Membrane can be used in most common floor constructions. It is installed in a similar way to a damp proof membrane, but with much greater attention paid to workmanship and detailing in order to achieve effective sealing at all locations.
- Visqueen Pro Double Sided Jointing Tape
- Visqueen Gas Resistant Foil Lap Tape,
- Visqueen Ultimate Gas Resistant Lap Tape
- Top Hat Units
Gas Barrier Accessories
- Visqueen Pro Detailing Strip
- Radon Sump
Apply the Visqueen Radon Barrier Membrane
Visqueen Radon R400 should be installed on a smooth continuous surface e.g., grouted beam and block floor, a compacted blinding layer e.g., 50mm thick sand blinding, or smooth concrete blinding. The substrate should be free from irregularities such as voids or protrusions. The membrane can be cut with a sharp retractable safety knife or robust scissors.
- Ensure the substrate is clean and dry.
- Lay the Visqueen Radon R400 on the substrate.
- Joints should be overlapped by at least 150mm.
- Airtight seals should be formed around all service entry points.
- Cover the membrane as soon as possible with a 50m screed after installation to prevent damage. Care should be taken to ensure that the membrane is not punctured, stretched or displaced when applying a screed or final floor covering.
- Where there is a high risk of potential damage, the membrane should be covered with Visqueen TreadGUARD protection, screed, or other approved protection material before positioning the reinforcement.