Visqueen Ultimate RadonBlok 600
Visqueen Ultimate RadonBlok 600 is a basic and full radon barrier to help protect Irish homes and businesses from the serious health risks posed by radon.
Price Includes VAT
Visqueen Ultimate Radon Membrane 600
- IAB certified - third party accreditation
- Independently tested - proven radon resistance
- Excellent basic and full Radon barrier
- Exceptional puncture resistance to on-site damage
- Conforms in full to BR 211:2015 industry guidance for radon protection
Available in 2m x 25m
For further Visqueen Ultimate RadonBlok 600 radon gas membrane guidance contact HomeFix.
Visqueen Radon Blok 600 Membrane Is For
Visqueen Ultimate RadonBlok 600 is used to prevent the ingress of radon in both basic and full radon protection areas. The membrane can be positioned within the ground floor construction either above or below the structural floor.
The product is not intended for use where there is a risk of hydrostatic pressure.
How to use/install the Visqueen Radon Membrane Blok 600
- Visqueen Ultimate RadonBlok 600 should be installed on a smooth continuous surface e.g. grouted beam and block floor, a compacted blinding layer e.g. 50mm thick sand blinding, or smooth concrete blinding. The substrate should be free from irregularities such as voids or protrusions.
- The membrane can be cut with a sharp retractable safety knife or robust scissors.
- Visqueen Ultimate RadonBlok 600 should be loose laid on the substrate. The membrane should be clean and dry at the time of jointing. It should be overlapped by at least 150mm, bonded with Visqueen RadonBlok Double Sided Tape and sealed with Visqueen Pro Single-Sided Tape. In demanding site conditions seal lap joints with Visqueen Ultimate GR Lap Tape
- Alternatively, lap joints can be heat welded to achieve an effective seal. Welded lap joints can be less than 150mm provided the joint integrity is not compromised.
- Airtight seals should be formed around all service entry points. Visqueen Preformed Top Hat Units should be used for sealing service entry pipes. The base of the top hat and the upstand should be bonded using Visqueen RadonBlok Double Sided Tape and sealed with Visqueen Pro Single-Sided Tape. The upstand should be secured with the supplied jubilee clip.
- Forming an effective barrier to radon may give rise to complex three-dimensional detailing where it is recommended Visqueen Preformed Units are used e.g. corners. Alternatively, Visqueen Pro Detailing Strip can be used to seal awkward junctions.
- If the membrane is punctured or perforated a patch of the same material should be lapped at least 150mm beyond the limits of the puncture and bonded with Visqueen RadonBlok Double Sided Tape and sealed with Visqueen Pro Single-Sided Tape. Alternatively, a patch can be formed using Visqueen Pro Detailing Strip and lapped at least 150mm beyond the extents of the puncture.
- The membrane should be covered by a protective layer as soon as possible after installation to prevent damage e.g. from following trades. Care should be taken to ensure that the membrane is not punctured, stretched, or displaced when applying a screed or final floor covering. A minimum thickness of 50mm screed is recommended.
- When reinforced concrete is to be laid over the membrane the wire reinforcements and spacers must be prevented from puncturing the membrane. Where there is a high risk of potential damage, the membrane should be covered with Visqueen TreadGUARD protection, screed, or other approved protection material before positioning the reinforcement.
- When used in full radon protection areas, a Visqueen Radon Sump or subfloor ventilation system may be required.
It is a flexible 0.6mm thick high-performance co-polymer thermoplastic membrane. The product is purple in colour and supplied 2m x 25m in a single wound roll (not folded).
Visqueen Ultimate RadonBlok 600 is a unique high-performance co-polymer thermoplastic radon barrier that exhibits excellent welding characteristics. Manufactured using Visqueen۪s advanced membrane technology and drawing on our extensive knowledge and expertise in gas protection, Visqueen has developed a new flexible barrier membrane that works in extreme conditions. The system provides complete protection from sealing floors to walls, and complex detailing such as service pipe penetrations and corners.